Thursday, February 1, 2007

Contemporary Art in China

The point of my story is:
To compare the expression of the young, Chinese contemporary artists to the older, traditional artists.
Where am I going with this story:
The expression of young Chinese contemporary artists is more Westernized and less traditional than the older artists, yet still reflects aspects of Chinese culture. The changes in Chinese government over the years have also influenced the content of Chinese contemporary paintings. I want to illustrate these issues in my story.
How I'm going to develop it:
Speak to art students in China. I've contacted a few art majors, through myspace, whom attend Jinan University in Guangzhou, China. I plan on contacting older, established Chinese artists who've experienced changing China.
Art in China

No comments: